ADFUNDI

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I LEARNT TO LOVE AGAIN

1. One sweet, breezy harmattan evening
I met someone that sent my head spinning
All I could think of was - This is Love
And My! Was it a moment to think of!
' Couldn't keep me thoughts to meself
had to let her know love had drifted off my privacy shelf
All I could do was follow the song in my heart
Never did I think we'd ever be apart.
T'was a love I was willing to die for
Crazy was I and I found nothing else to live for
Two years down the line and I was as hooked as ever
Until she told me her answer was finally: "NEVER"!

2. Heart-Broken? What an understatement!!
Death would have been a merciful compliment.
All I remembered were the "wasted" years of doting love
Never thought I'd ever find the courage to turn the curve...
...and suddenly, there she was! My angel, my Bertha
T'was as though she'd be mine for much longer than forever
A touch was all it took from those heavenly fingers,
A smile, a look and I was ready to lose my integers
To love again (I thought) was a dream forlorn
But since she came - I have been long gone
3. We got married in the Spring of 2007
and from the first night, I had a glimpse of heaven
I swear love has never been, to me, clearer
Than each day I spend in the presence of my Bertha.
It goes to show that no hope is lost.
As long as love beats in your heart, don't mind the cost
One day you will smile again - I assure you!
Because I'm a living testimony and I know it's true.
No matter how badly you've been hurt in love, remember these three things:
(a) You were too good to end up with the person who hurt you
(b) You have just been given an opportunity of finding an upgraded version of love
(c) You've just had one more practice session of how NOT to fall in love.
Think about it! I love you! I know I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment