ADFUNDI

Sunday, October 17, 2010

THREE THINGS MY FATHER TOLD ME THAT CHANGED MY LIFE

In life, wisdom is better than wealth and stronger than strength. A wise man can take down a city and like the mythological tales of the City of Troy in ancient Greek folklore, Odysseus' wisdom did what Menelaus' might could not do: It took down a hitherto impregnable city! My father shared certain words with me that shaped my attitude towards life and helped me on the road to excellence and I want to share three(3) of them with you.

1. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO MAKE THE MISTAKES BEFORE YOU LEARN; RATHER LEARN FROM OTHERS' MISTAKES
He told me a story of three animals that were asked the same question- the goat, the cow and the sheep. They were asked how long it would take them to learn one lesson from the experiences they had to pass through in life.

The goat said: I think if something should happen to me about four or five times, I would learn from it.
The cow said: Four or five times? That's too much! I think two or three times would suffice.
The sheep shook her head and said: I don't need to have any of those experiences. I just need to look at the goat and the cow and learn from what they suffered.

You do not need to pass through some experiences in order to learn from them - others have passed that road; learn from those people.

2. WHAT AN OLD MAN SEES SITTING DOWN, A YOUNG MAN CANNOT SEE EVEN IF HE CLIMBS ATOP SOMETHING
I have seen a disturbing trend in our generation - the young are despising the old and are therefore making terrible mistakes in their lives. Many young people have died before their time because they failed to make use of the opportunities they had to glean wisdom from the experiences of the elderly. I took a survey among people who played chess or draughts and discovered that those who started playing with old men at a tender age became champions earlier than those who gained the knowledge on their own.

3. NO MATTER HOW HARD IT IS TO BELIEVE, THERE IS A TOMORROW AND IT CAN BE BETTER THAN TODAY-IF ONLY YOU KEEP BELIEVING IN GOD AND IN YOURSELF
I have ultimately learnt that you cannot be defeated except you ACCEPT defeat. Your mind is the greatest weapon given to you on earth. Whatever you believe in the realm of the mind and expect to happen, just affirm it in your words and work towards it by your actions and you will see it manifest in due time. Nobody is a total failure except he/she decides it is so. I made up my mind LONG AGO that the opinion of men should not faze me-I believe in what God has said about me and as I explore the full potentials of the manifold grace of God upon my life, I have no reason to fail. NOT EVEN ONE!!!

It has nothing to do with situations and circumstances; it has nothing to do with opinions and public polls; it has EVERYTHING to do with ATTITUDE. If God had allowed the darkness to faze Him, He would not have created light (Genesis 1:1-3). You are made in God's image and in His likeness (even the ability to see possibility in every impossibility and to change the status quo) so get up and start speaking your ideal environment into existence. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment